Thursday, September 30, 2010

I wrote this on the train

Waiting outside of Anna Marie's apartement... but we had Reece's so it was not as bad as it could have been!
Here we go. 29.09.2010
I’m on the train to Nantes and I will start with the fact that I am so thankful for this opportunity. France is beautiful and French is a fabulous language.
Here is a quick rundown of the high/Low lights from the last two-ish days:
+Seeing Anna Marie
+ Hearing French all of the time
+ Anne giving us a walking tour of Anciene Paris (we got to go into the Sabornne!)
+ Remembering how great things taste here!! (yogurt is to die for)
+ Trying out my very rusty French and actually getting logical answers
+ Notre Dame (will always be a highlight)
-  The bus not completing the route which would have taken us straight to Anna Marie’s apartment
- Hauling our luggage through the metro (up a million stairs) [and yes, family, lugging those suitcases through paris totally sucked!]
- Scalding myself on the boiling hot water in the shower
-Leaving Jennifer Gfeller this morning
This adventure has already had its share of ups and downs and its only the 3rd day here. After we arrive in Nantes I’ll have to leave Jennifer Shannahan and I will take the bus to Les Herbiers where I’ll be on my own…hopefully with internet so I can stay in contact. Let’s hope it’s fantastique!

No comments:

Post a Comment